Office furniture is a crucial part of any office, and it must be durable enough to last for a long time. To make sure that your office furniture lasts as long as possible, you must take care of it properly. Here are some smart ideas that will help extend the life cycle of your office furniture:
Water is the enemy of office furniture. Moisture can damage finishes and structures, resulting in swelling, warping, cracking and discoloration.
Water causes wood to swell because it contains dissolved minerals that act as a lubricant between fibers of wood when they are wet. The moisture wicks into the pores of the wood and then expands when it dries out again. This expansion weakens structural integrity by breaking inter-fiber bonds within the cell walls of plants. When these bonds break, cracks form in your furniture’s surfaces—and if you don’t repair them immediately (or at least let them dry completely first), those cracks will only get bigger over time!
Use E1 Board material for your Office Furniture
Luckily, there are some things that can be done to improve the life of your office furniture! One example is using e1 moisture resistant board, which will help extend the life of all sorts of different types of products like tables, chairs, desktops and more.
E1 board is specially treated with a high-end technology moisture resistant resin to prevent swelling, penetration of water and other factors. This makes it the ideal choice for your commercial office furniture needs.
Keep Away from Direct Sunlight
- Sunlight can damage furniture. If you keep your office furniture in direct sunlight, you will notice that it starts to warp and break down faster than normal.
- Use a tablecloth to protect the surface of your desk from dust and stains. This will help extend the life of your furniture as well as keep it looking good for longer.
- Use a lamp instead of direct sunlight whenever possible. If you need some extra light while working at home or in an office setting, choose an LED desk lamp over sunlight because this kind of lighting won’t cause damage to surfaces like wood or laminate flooring
Dust can cause damage to the furniture, office environment, health of employees and their families. Dust is a big issue in offices. It can settle on surfaces and get into the air. A single particle of dust can contain hundreds of thousands of individual bacteria, viruses and fungi.
- The particles are invisible but their presence affects both your lungs and eyesight over time.
- The small particles become trapped deep in the lungs causing respiratory infections including bronchitis or asthma attacks which are extremely unpleasant for both you and your colleagues who have to work with you in close proximity for long hours every day for years at a time!
- Dust makes it difficult for people with allergies or asthma to breathe properly so they will suffer from more frequent attacks than usual if they are exposed regularly to high levels at work too often over long periods (years). This puts extra strain on medical resources that aren’t designed specifically for treating people who have been affected by poor indoor air quality issues across many industries like construction sites where they may not be able to take precautions like wearing protective masks while working outdoors because there isn’t always enough forethought given towards protecting workers from these kinds of conditions before starting any new projects that require demolition work etcetera…
Be Careful with Chemicals
- Avoid using chemicals such as paint, varnish and glue.
- Use only water-based paints that are not thick or sticky.
- Do not use water-based glues to assemble furniture parts because they can leave stains on the surface of your furniture.
Office furniture does not have to be expensive if you know how to use it properly. Taking care of your office furniture is a great way to extend its lifespan and make it last longer, but this can be hard without the right knowledge. We hope this article helped you gain some insight into office furniture and how it can be extended. Just by using a few simple tips, you can save money and extend the life of your office furniture.
Queens Arts and Trends chose E1 grade boards to make our furniture because it is the strongest and most durable. Your office furniture is an investment, which is why we take its protection seriously. We don’t want our customers to have to buy new furniture in less than 2 years.
E1 grade is more expensive than MFC or MDF board. However, we feel that you deserve better furniture, and will be willing to pay the price premium for a safe, durable and long lasting piece of furniture.